Wednesday 18 April 2007

 

Websites and medical research?

The wealth of knowledge available in free to download podcasts is amazing: I can't believe I've never tapped into this amazing resource before. For the last week or so I've had my iPod on virtually 24/7 and have learned tons while driving, running and doing the washing up - I highly recommend it.

Today I was listening to Joel Comm, author of The Adsense Code, and realised that I'm not doing enough to test the adverts on my sites. I've been running ads on some of my sites for several years but I'd never realised that small alterations to the layout, position and style of the ads could make such a difference. I'll certainly be ordering his book and running some tests to improve conversions.

The 'medical research' in the title refers to my sister who apparently is reading a medical proposal form tomorrow and filling in a questionnaire in return for £20. Hardly a massive amount of income but not too shabby for 30 minutes work. More importantly however, there will be lots of other people there also filling in a questionnaire to collect £20. Logic would predict that if they are giving up their time to earn a little extra cash they might be interested in a home based business, so Tracy will be pitching them all on the Kleeneze business and handing out info packs!

For a change I actually have a little spare time tomorrow which is unusual for a Thursday. I intend to spend a couple of hours working on my book early in the morning, and then look at my revenue generating ads in the afternoon in the hope of increasing conversions.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]