Tuesday 17 April 2007

 

Feeds and ideas

I've been finding more and more interesting and useful blogs recently and have finally started subscribing to feeds in an attempt to keep on top of them. I've been using Google's free reader tool at www.google.com/reader and it's made me realise how useful feed subscription buttons are. For that reason you'll notice some nice shiny new buttons on the left hand menu!

I carry a notebook with me almost everywhere. I've found it to be the best way of keeping track of ideas and formulating plans. Over the last couple of weeks I've filled pages and pages with ideas for businesses and products. In fact, the problem I have is not coming up with ideas, but choosing the one or two I should be concentrating my time on. I've always loved the idea of multiple streams of income. More specifically, multiple streams of highly automated income. Internet marketing with information products, or software products fits this criteria very well. Here are some of the ideas I'm currently toying with:

Online brainstorming tool. This would be a multi user, real-time collaboration tool for brainstorming and working on plans/ideas for a project or business. Possible features to include a virtual whiteboard, multi user text editor, spreadsheet, chat client and mind mapping software which could export to PDF format. I've started coming up with a detailed feature list and researching the competition but I'm pretty sure there is a strong market for this.

Book/training course for Network Marketers looking to expand their businesses via the Internet. This is the book I'm currently writing. I've not decided to market the book by writing a 7 day crash course to be delivered by autoresponder. Hopefully by the end of the course, subscribers will be suitably impressed to purchase the book.

Direct input browser plugin. This is something I've been thinking about for a long time and I really need to research it some more. The basic idea is to enable the use of gaming input devices for browser based games. There is a definite market here but I'm not convinced on the technical possibility of doing this with Flash (although I'm pretty sure it can be done for Shockwave and Java) which would severely limit the market.

So there we have it - loads of ideas (as usual) but only so many hours in the day. At the moment I can only devote so many hours per week so top priority is to finish the book, write the autoresponder course and get the marketing website up and running. Once that is online and (hopefully) starting to produce a profit I'll look at getting going with the next project. Whether that will be within the 90 days remains to be seen, but I did pull in an extra £60 for an update to an old Hotel site which I wasn't expecting so at least I can update the total slightly!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]