Thursday 22 March 2007

 

Why £5000?

Why? Why not?

I did put a certain amount of thought into what my target should be. It needed to be attainable. If I'd gone for a million I know there's no way I'd have managed it or even got close. £5000 to me seems like an attainable target. At the same time it had to be high enough that I would have to push myself. If I went for £100 I'd have found the challenge too easy so it obviously wouldn't have been high enough.

£5000 works out to around £55 per day, or £390 per week. Broken down like that I can see how I might achieve it: £50 here, £50 there. At the same time it's not an insignificant amount. £390 per week is not far off the average wage in the UK, and I'm aiming for this as an extra income - on top of my regular income. I'm sure an extra £390 per week would make a big difference to most people's lifestyle, it certainly would to mine.

So there we have it, my reasons for choosing £5000. You'll notice I've now added a counter at the top of the blog which will count my extra income as I go and act as a constant reminder of how close I am to my target. My challenge starts tomorrow so wish me luck...

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]