Tuesday 27 March 2007

 

Sold my first game

Amazing isn't it, you can have an opportunity right under your nose and not realise it until your mind is tuned into the possibilities. I wrote a Sudoku game back in December 2005. I'd become hooked on Sudoku puzzles from a puzzle book that Cressy had with her on a holiday to Turkey. When I got back I made the game really to improve my understanding of the puzzle and for my own enjoyment.
I hosted the game on Kwikgames.com and thought no more of it. When I was brainstorming the other day (see my previous entry) I had the idea of selling customised versions of the game as promotional tools. As a tester I created 2 eBay listings, one for the Sudoku game and then another for my 'Bubble Wrap Simulator'. I really wasn't sure what to expect but the Sudoku auction ended today on £49.99 and the second auction has a while to go but has one person watching it!

What an opportunity I've been missing out on. Even if I ignore all the other games I've written, just the Sudoku game alone could have generated a reasonable income. If I had just sold one copy per month since I wrote it, which I now think is pretty conservative, that would be over £700. Needless to say I'll be listing more games, and spending some time marketing the idea via Kwikgames itself. Anyway, that's £43.62 after fees to add to the total, hopefully with more to come!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]