Monday 26 March 2007

 

Photography ideas

I have a few items ending on eBay later today so I'll update the total afterwards. In the meantime though I've had a couple more ideas. Both involve photography.

The first is to produce and sell postcards (and/or greetings cards and related items) using photo-mosaics of local scenes. Tourism is probably Cornwall's biggest industry and countless thousands of postcards depicting St.Michael's Mount, The Eden Project, or Wheal Coates must be sold every year. However, I've never seen one using a photo-mosaic.

A photo-mosaic is simply a picture made up from lost of smaller pictures. You've probably seen them for big Hollywood films. Maybe a poster of Luke Skywalker made out of thousands of frames of StarWars footage. My postcards would be of typical local postcard scenes, but each pixel image would also be a Cornish scene. I'm very confident in there being a market for this and we're fast coming towards the tourist season so a little research is in order.

My second idea again involves photography. This time again producing greetings cards, or maybe small framed prints or posters. This time though each image would be highly personalised.

The idea is to take a photograph of a person and use it as the basis of a caricature. I'm supposing people would buy them as gifts for friends and family. They might involve the face being distorted, big ears put on, green skin, or maybe dropped into a different setting. Here's an example:

This is a photo of my good friend Frank, merged into a picture from the film Finding Nemo. It was done for a birthday card. I've done quite a few caricatures for people's birthday cards and the response has always been really good. If I can come up with a viable way of charging for, printing and distributing these I think there could be a market for them. Again, I'll have to put my thinking cap on!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]